Our home for the camp will be Southern Alps Lodge at Charlotte Pass located within the beautiful Kosciuszko National Park. The lodge is set in the small village below Charlotte Pass with fabulous views of the valley and mountain bowl. Here we have private rooms with ensuites and a number of facilities detailed below. Please note that there are a number of stairs to get up to the lodge and a number of stairs within it. We apologise that there is no disability or wheelchair access. We can provide assistance getting your bags in and out of the lodge.
Accommodation is booked by beds with preferences for sharing or not, rather than by room, so that we can accommodate participants, partners and families in the rooms available to us.
If you would like alternate accommodation, there is Stillwell Lodge next door which offers a dinner, bed & b’fast package. It is more expensive but very comfortable. Stillwell.net.au or (02) 6457 5073. About half an hour away between Perisher and Jindabyne is the Kosciusko Mountain Retreat which has camping, powered sites and cabins. email@example.com or (02) 6456 2224
There is a fee to enter Kosciuszko National Park. They have a special rate which gives you access for 5 days that is currently $68 per car. This access is on a 24 hour clock so if you enter the park at 3pm on Friday 12th you have until 3pm on Wednesday 17th to leave. These can be bought at the Visitor Information office in Jindabyne or at the National Parks entrance station as you enter the park.
Lodge facilities include: Common areas
- Dining room (will be used for workshops twice a day and evening session)
- Lounge area with views
- Quiet lounge on upper level with guest library (will be used for workshops twice a day)
- TV room
- Full kitchen for use of camp participants at b’fast and lunchtime
- Guest food preparation area for snacks at other times includes microwave oven, fridge, and sink
- Refrigerated cold room
- Coffee plungers and instant boiling water
- Tea & coffee available all hours
- Free wireless internet
- Drying room
- Mostly rooms with two beds or doubles
- Some rooms with 3 or 4 beds
- Front rooms have views over the valley
- Rear rooms have beautiful snow gum views
- Blankets and pillows provided. Please bring your own sheets, pillowcase, bathmat and towel.
During the camp, we will ask you to be on a roster to help with things like portage of bags, dinner preparation, serving and washing up.
The Lodge is a non smoking venue.